Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Movie Casting..Again!

  1. #51
    Inactive Member afterthefact's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Dear Critic,

    I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.

    I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
    We are all, for the most part anyway wink, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
    From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...

    Does anyone disagree?

    Truly yours,

    ------------------
    "...Tell me the meaning of love
    From the notes that I've made so far
    Love seems something like wanting a scar
    But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
    I've never been in love before..."
    The Meaning of Love
    by: Depeche Mode

  2. #52
    Inactive Member afterthefact's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Dear Critic,

    I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.

    I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
    We are all, for the most part anyway wink, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
    From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...

    Does anyone disagree?

    Truly yours,

    ------------------
    "...Tell me the meaning of love
    From the notes that I've made so far
    Love seems something like wanting a scar
    But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
    I've never been in love before..."
    The Meaning of Love
    by: Depeche Mode

  3. #53
    Inactive Member afterthefact's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Dear Critic,

    I'm pretty new to these boards and I'm still not entirely sure of the rules and regs. but I felt the need to say something.

    I applaud you for your courage to speak your mind. It is everyones right to be able to do so and no one is making the suggestion that you do otherwise. BUT I do think most of us feel that your choice of word leave a bit to be desired...
    We are all, for the most part anyway wink, intelligent people and a majority of us were raised with the knowledge that if you use foul language to express your opinions it's usually because you can't express yourself any better than that.
    From what I have read I don't take you for a person who can't express themself properly. Please continue to express your thoughts and feelings while you are here but maybe it would be better if you expressed them in a more appropriate manner...

    Does anyone disagree?

    Truly yours,

    ------------------
    "...Tell me the meaning of love
    From the notes that I've made so far
    Love seems something like wanting a scar
    But I could be wrong, I'm just not sure you see,
    I've never been in love before..."
    The Meaning of Love
    by: Depeche Mode

  4. #54
    Inactive Member flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    first: there was a separate thread dedicated to critic and his concerns but now it is gone. And it sort of began an interesting discussion with the questions that darth posed. Where did it go?

    i am wondering if perhaps we could get some discussion going on about this stuff. new stuff. and i understand your post-modern conundrum concerning "newness", critic, but i was wondering what kind of discussion you want to foster when you say, for example, that all of the women are drawn the same. What can some one say to that, other than perhaps this is intentional. you (and others) have registered this complaint that the women look the same. it was also said by you that there are plot twists, such as certain characters being related, that seem to come out of no where and without a hint, yet you are not picking up on the fact that perhaps our hint was that they looked alike, that being your complaint in the first place.

    dont know that this all means, except that i would like to discuss these issues, and i am just not sure where they will go.
    smile

    ps there is no debating taste.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    forgive my diarrhea of the post.
    my computer is having issues.


  6. #56
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    If you ever multiple post, you can delete the extra ones by clicking on the icon that looks like a pencil and paper.

    We all double post at some point. biggrin

    ------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    ChatterBox

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Negative Fat's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interweaving multiple posts over the space of two hours, though? Never seen that before.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Oola's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    click once. for the love of christ, click once.

    alternate, snarky reply:
    gee, what was that?

    'hm,' the girl thinks, 'there are now sixty posts in this topic. gee, this should be interesting.' pause. 'wait. no, it wasn't. darn.'

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    *stands up and applauds the awe-inspiring multiple posts*

    Responding to a post WAY back up there, Edward Norton plays a whipped puppy in Keeping the Faith. An okay movie with Ben Stiller, at least it was little bit origional, threw a wrench of religion into two-boys-meet-girl story arc.

    ------------------
    "Be excellent to each other." -Bill & Ted
    "Do we need to have the "fantasy/reality" discussion again?" - eris
    Feminist Rants

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Katchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    The thought crossed my mind.....
    but I statred looking at her butt, so I wasn't really thinking about how good of a Katchoo she'd make...
    Um.... upon reflection... no. I don't think she could do it that well. Her face is too round. She isn't expressive enough, in the face.

    I still have to show you guys some better photos of me...

    ------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.
    THE Lesbian.


    ...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •